Peptide BPC 157
BPC 157, is also known as Body Protection Compound because of its wide array of activities and therapeutic effects. Research has elucidated a number of mechanisms by which BPC-157 exhibits its healing properties. It has been shown to hasten healing of damaged tendons, muscles, ligaments, and other wounds. It enhances blood flow to injured areas and helps the skin heal after a burn injury.
The aches and pains of the average person as well as those that result from athletic activity can be treated with BPC-157.
Outline of the benefits of BPC 157:
- Decreases pain in damaged areas
- Accelerated wound healing (muscle, ligament, tendon, nerve, soft tissue)
- Improves digestive function
- Protects and heals inflamed intestinal epithelium in leaky gut
as well as in in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Promotes the outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts, cell survival under stress, and the migration of tendon fibroblasts
- May improve blood pressure
- Protects the liver from toxic insults from drugs, or alcohol.
In collagen repair, BPC-157 stimulates EGR-1 which induces cytokine and growth factor generation and early extracellular matrix (collagen) formation.
The promoting effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on tendon healing involves tendon outgrowth, cell survival, and cell migration. Chung-Hsun Chang, Wen-Chung Tsai, Miao-Sui Lin, Ya-Hui Hsu, and Jong-Hwei Su Pang. 01 MAR 2011https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00945.2010
Impact of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on muscle healing impaired by systemic corticosteroid application. Danira Pevec, Tomislav Novinscak,et al. Med Sci Monit 2010; 16(3): BR81-88 ID: 878454 Published: 2010-02-26
J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009 Dec;60 Suppl 7:191-6. Modulatory effect of gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on angiogenesis in muscle and tendon healing. Brcic L1, Brcic I, et al.